Other Alphabets?

Home Forums Support Other Alphabets?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’d love to see a version of Personal Lexicon that accommodates non-Latin alphabets. I’m currently using PL to learn Italian, but I would like to be able to use it to learn Greek as well. If this feature is already available and I’m just not aware of it, I’d appreciate an explanation of how to use it.

Thanks!

Zander
    Keymaster

Indeed, an easy-to-use virtual keyboard will be included in the next version of the software. This will allow users to insert non-standard characters into a lexicon with the simple click of a button. Note that non-standard characters (ex. Greek letters) are already supported and can be inserted into your lexicon using the operating system. For example, if you have a Mac then you can accomplish this using the International features in the System Preferences.

regards,

Alexander

What about other alphabets such as Chinese or Japanese. When I try to copy those into the text boxes, the characters appear as boxes.

Is there a way to change the font used by the program for general use? I know there’s a printing font option, and the Japanese characters show up there if I make it a Japanese font, but I have found no way to make the characters appear correctly in the program itself.

Zander
    Keymaster

Hi Sorrieah. A new release with the above mentioned virtual keyboard is coming. At the point I would give it two to three months. In the meantime, you can use the OS to input non-latin based characters. If you tell me the OS you’re using (Window XP, Mac OS X, etc) then I’ll do my best to give you exact details.

And sorry for the delay. I haven’t been monitoring the forums like I should lately.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Other Alphabets?’ is closed to new replies.
Translate »
Scroll to Top