Problem with noun genders

Home Forums Support Problem with noun genders

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I have created a russian lexicon and for the nouns I created the 3 genders. Unfortunatelly the program is alwas put the last one and I cannot change.
    Can you please tell me what to do?

Thanks
    Elias

Zander
    Keymaster

Hello Elias. What do you mean that you “cannot change”? Are you saying that the dropdown menu doesn’t open or that the dropdown opens but after you select a different gender then it doesn’t update to the new gender?

Alexander

Yes Alexander the 2nd one. I am changing the gender and when I come back to the same word the gender have changed to the last one. I have created 3 genders: Masculine, Feminine and Neuter with this order. Your program put as default the last one. I am going to the word A change the gender from Neuter to Feminine, I am going to another word and then I am going back to the word A and the gender has changed to Neuter (the default one).
    I am looking forward for your solution.
    Elias

Zander
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information. I tried to reproduce the problem using a German lexicon. The German lexical template also has 3 genders, but I couldn’t see the behavior you described. The issue might be something particular to the Russian lexicon that you made. Could you send me your exported lexicon so I could try it with your data? Simply open the lexicon, go to the File menu and select Export. From here, make sure to export the full lexicon. After that, you can send me the export file at support@personal-lexicon.com. I’ll take a look at it and hopefully find a solution.

Thanks.

Alexander

I sent it.

Elias

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate »
Scroll to Top